Something that’s never failed to creep me out as much as they fascinate me are unexplained disappearances. In a world so big, sometimes people can slip through the cracks, but what if the circumstances are just plain weird, or multiple people vanish at once, or entire villages disappear? Sometimes not knowing anything is just as bad as knowing all the terrifying details, and here are a few of my favourites that prove that.
- The Mary Celeste, said to be cursed long before she was found adrift without her crew but with all of their belongings.
- The Flannan Isles mystery, where several lighthouse keepers abandoned their post on a remote island and were never heard from again.
- The Springfield Three, a unexplained case involving the abrupt disappearance of three women who arrived at their intended destination and then were never heard from again.
- Martha Wright, a woman who vanished from a moving vehicle and was never located.
- Louis Le Prince, a man who disappeared from a moving train as fellow passengers heard and saw nothing.
- The MV Joyita, a ships whose crew vanished and left behind a whole load of questions, especially in regards to the strange way the ship was left.
School is not for learning.
It’s for getting a high GPA.
It’s for planning your entire future between the ages of 14-18.
It’s about being better than the other kid so you get accepted to that college instead.
It’s about spending thousands of dollars to get a degree so you can (maybe) avoiding earning minimum wage.
It’s about structuring your life for success, not happiness.
Again, school? We don’t have an education system. We have a system that excels in delivering stress.
I just wanted to eat breakfast ;(
welp now we know the distinction between the two
wow toad you wanna be any more of a fucking asshole
What game is this?
Expectations vs. Reality | Charles Xavier vs. James McAvoy
THIS IS GOLD
how game of thrones should end
#khal drogo just #descends from the heavens #on a flaming stallion #punches everyone in the face #and sits his fine dothraki ass down on the iron throne #until daenerys shows up #then he stands #dusts the seat off a bit #and steps aside for his khalessi
and the actor is going to be in Puerto Rico for Comic Con 2015